Manchester Pedestrian Club
Saturday Walking Around Greater Manchester
- Courtesy and Companionship
Maps and Annals
Maps: The Club has an interesting collection of old maps. They may be borrowed by any member, but must be returned, please, within a reasonable time.
Gifts of maps will be gratefully received by the Committee.
Annals: The following annals of the M.P.C. are in the Reference Library, Central Library, Manchester:
- Manchester Pedestrian Club, Annual programmes, etc. 1903 et seq. (796-51 M1)
- Darrah, Joseph Jr. "The World Forgetting: a record of the 4th Whit Walk, Manchester to Bristol, 18th-25th May, 1907 (942-41 D1)
- Edwards, Thomas A. "An ideal holiday with the MPC in the Ardennes, Whitsuntide, 1923". (914-93 E12)
- Kershaw, Ernest "Manchester Pedestrians 1903-1970" (796-51 Ke)
- There is a chapter on the Club in "The Gentle Art of Walking" by Geoffrey Murray, p 239 ff (796 Mu 77)
- A brief description of the MPC is included in "Nature's Joys are Free for All - A History of Countryside Recreation in North East Cheshire" by W. H. Shercliff (Pp 31/32), with further references (Pp 37 and 42).
Also available from the Club are:
- "A Story of the Manchester Pedestrian Club" by Eric Watson, 1971.
- "Towards the Centenary" by Alan Redfern, 2000.
Copies available on request.
Created by A. Basden 2 April 2017. Last update: 11 October 2017
Hosted on Clook by Knowledge Server on the Net.